A Day at the Museum

This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Carl 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Carl
    Keymaster

Keeper Note: This scene is for Henry and Simon

You find yourselves in front of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts in upper Huntington in downtown Boston. The day is much cooler then yesterday thanks to the rain. The sky is overcast but it feels like the worst of the weather has passed.

Couples can be found going in and out of the museum, talks of various paintings can be heard among students sitting in the grass. The area feels alive with history which is funny since the building itself is relatively new being built in 1909. It contains the works formerly found in the Boston Athenaeum. The most famous paintings these days are of George and Martha Washington by Gilbert Stuart.

While you are indeed here for the serious purpose of finding information on this Josephine Garsetti you cannot help but be distracted and taken in by the wonderful art and architecture that surrounds you.

Carl
    Keymaster

Henry
    Henry takes in a deep breath and looks around with a grand smile on his face.

Ahhh, can you smell that Simon?!

He boasts wistfully.

That is the smell of history, fine art, and of course good taste! Museums are a great way to travel the world without leaving home! Forget those moving picture shows, they won’t last! But art and history will remain forever!

He glances around taking in the crowd. Smile still firmly in place.

Despite the tragedy of our dear friend that has brought us here, I cannot help but feel joyful in such a place! Let us hasten to interrogate our good Ms. Garsetti, then maybe we can peruse the galleries awhile!

Henry begins to make his way inside.

Carl
    Keymaster

Simon
    Simon smiles at Henry’s words. He always enjoyed coming to the museum whenever he got a chance.

“Such a beautiful building, it’s amazing that even today you see influences from the times of Rome. I am interested in meeting this Ms Garsetti, I really hope she can help us and of course I am always happy to take walk through the museum”

Carl
    Keymaster

Walking around in awe of your surroundings you head back to the entrance where a desk was located with clerical staff. They are sorting through mail, filing papers and preparing documents for other administrative staff. One of the women looks at you. She has short curly blond hair with blue eyes.

“Welcome to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, my name is Trudy, how I can I be of service?”

Carl
    Keymaster

Simon

“Hello Trudy, I am Simon and my companion here is Henry. We were wondering if we can speak to Ms. Garsetti if she is available?”

Carl
    Keymaster

“Ms Garsetti?” Trudy says looking at the other ladies. “I”m afraid I don’t know a Ms Garsetti.”

“Nope, never heard of her.”

Chimes in one of the other ladies

“Are you sure? Seem’s to me I saw that name somewhere. Maybe she is one of the artists?”

the last of the women joins the conversation.

After some back and forth Trudy finally looks back at you two._

“I will send for the director. I’m sorry about the confusion but the name is familiar but we can’t place it. Lot’s of people pass by in these halls for one reason or another. Just have a seat over there and the director will be down shortly.”

She motions towards some seating off by the side.

After some time staring at a large painting of mythological Athena by an artist long since dead named Ashton Anchors a woman with short brown hair that curls off at the ends comes over to see you.

“Good day gentlemen, my name is Madelaine DuMort, exhibit director and assistant to Mr Bradley Carrier who is director of this museum. How may I help you?”

Carl
    Keymaster

Henry
    Henry eyes the woman up and down, then gently takes her hand.

My name is Henry Lawrence and this is my associate Simon Hollingworth.

He gives the back of her hand a gentle peck.

Enchanted to make your acquaintance Ms. DuMort . It is Ms. correct?

He flashes her his most charming smile.

I rolled a 37 for Charm

If it is not too much of a bother, we simply have a few questions about one Josephine Garsetti. We have been led to believe that she is acquainted with this fine museum in some capacity and would like to exchange pleasantries with her if at all possible. We have witnessed some works she has done and I simply must know the secret of her technique. It is very…provocative.

He draws out the last word just ever so slightly and smiles again while locking eyes with her in a most personal, but not inappropriate manner.

Carl
    Keymaster

As you mention Josephine, Miss DuMort shivers.

“While we have no paintings of her here in the museum, I know that Andrew has been spending a lot of time with her as of late. I know he has been missing for some time now and I have no doubt in my heart that Andrew fell into the wrong crowd.

Normally Andrew and myself would spend lunches together here but those began tapering off once he met Miss Garsetti who visited here quite often. I believe that is how they met.

I hear that they also began frequenting the quite disreputable establishment called the Sailor’s Club. I am not sure where it is but this began not long before he disappeared. To be honest I think that she is probably into drugs and has drawn Andrew into her mess.

The only thing more I can add is that she studied at Boston University. She had given us her CV in the past but I can assure you with her grotesque and frightening paintings that none of her works will ever hang in this museum.”

Carl
    Keymaster

Simon

“I was wondering if maybe we can take a look at her CV if you still have it on file. We are very worried about Andrew and any clue to his whereabouts might help us greatly”

Carl
    Keymaster

“Unfortunately I must embarrass myself a little in that I have destroyed the CV a long time ago. From the get go I was horrified by her work and I threw it in the garbage probably a day after she gave it. She may have a talent but it certainly isn’t art. If you want any more personal information probably the Boston University would be your best place to look I am afraid.”

Carl
    Keymaster

Simon

“That is unfortunate about the CV but I’m sure it wouldn’t have given us anything more to go on”

Except possibly an address were to reach her Simon thought to himself.

“We thank you ladies for your help you have given us two possible ways to locate her in this Sailor’s club and the Boston University”

Simon turned to Henry.

” I believe the next logical place would this club. If that doesn’t lead us anywhere the University would be our best next step in helping us pick up the trail again. We should meet up with the others and see what they found plus it would help to have more of us when going to this Club. This detective thing isn’t as hard as those stories may it look”

Carl
    Keymaster

“It was a pleasure and I really hope you can find Andrew. It would be awful if something happened to him.”

Miss DuMort leaves you all looking at the Ashton Anchors painting leaving you with more questions then answers.

Carl
    Keymaster

You may now head to the Meeting of the Minds thread

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.