Digging Deeper

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cliff 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Carl
    Keymaster

Curt, Clifford and Neil
    You make your way to the Boston Public library with some dark clouds looming ever closer; perhaps a storm to come. A few university students make their way in and out but otherwise it’s relatively quiet. You shoes echo as you make your way inside. A few students are studying at their tables with others browse rows of books. Dividers indicate subjects while staff roam silently like assassins picking up books left behind to make their way back to their eternal home.

Curt
    Keymaster

Grant turns to his steadfast allies in research and whispers to them both,

“I should like to think that splitting our efforts to find information in the library would be the wisest course of action. Let’s meet back at the door once we’re done, agreed?”

Cliff
    Participant

“That is a good idea, there is a lot of information here and we can cover more research if we split up”

Simon moves away from the other two and finds himself a table puts his stuff down and wanders off down one of the many rows of books.

Carl
    Keymaster

Can you all do a Library Use roll?

Curt
    Keymaster

I rolled 64.

Cliff
    Participant

I rolled a 78

Neil
    Participant

Henry takes in a deep breathe of the faintly musty air.

I love the smell of academia…

A small smile crosses his lips. He contemplates Grants words, then nods in agreement.

Divide and conquer it is my friends…I’ll be in the realm of the arts, plumbing my way through the depths of the finer qualities of history.

OOC: I rolled 71

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Neil.

Carl
    Keymaster

Grant and Henry: you make you’re way around the library searching for whatever information you can find. Minutes seem to turn to hours and all was looking hopeless till you both come across in the news paper archives the article about the Sylvain Night raid.

Kidnap Victim Dies During Police Raid on Occult Ceremony
    Pitche Gun Battle Ends in Multiple Deaths

Earlier today, proceedings of a secretive Boston groups known as the Sylvain Night were raided by local police. Led by Detective Sergeant Patrick Devlin of the Boston Police Department, the heavily armed force of men surrounded a wooded area several miles north of the city then closed in. Authorities had been unaware of the cult’s existence but were tipped off to their activities by a former member of the group.

When police arrived on the scene, members of the cult were apparently in the process of performing a ‘Black Magic Ritual’. This shocking rite was to include the brutal sacrifice of a young girl recently abducted from Boston’s China-Town. The kidnap victim was unfortunately killed during the course of the raid. According to Officer Devlin, who was himself slightly injured in the battle, twelve cult members were killed, two captured, and one believed escaped. The woman who escaped in thought to have been the leader of the cult and is still at large. The public is warned that she may be armed and should be considered dangerous. City Councilman Bradford Tibbins has assured the press that accusations of police brutality will be dealt with during the inquest scheduled for next week. Police have refused to divulge the identity of the decease and captured cultists pending further investigation.

Simon: Your browsing around various books trying to find anything but to no avail. As you make your way to yet another aisle and pull out a book on ancient civilizations and myths on the other side you are take my surprise to see the half face of what looks to be Andrew looking right back at you.

Cliff
    Participant

“Oh my god, Andrew!” I drop the book I am holding on the ground and rush around to the aisle on the other side.

Carl
    Keymaster

As you move into the other aisle you don’t see Andrew but a shape run across at the end to the next aisle. As your eyes try to follow you notice Andrew or who you believe to be Andrew run out the main entrance.

Cliff
    Participant

“Andrew!” Simon yelled. the sight of Andrew made him forget he was in a library. He ran for the main entrance. “Andrew, wait!”

Carl
    Keymaster

Grant & Henry: After going over the article together your attention is jolted by the sound of Simon yelling Andrew’s name.

Curt
    Keymaster

Grant’s ears perked to the sacred silence of the library being suddenly shattered. He wheeled about wordlessly and darted toward the source, having recognized it as being Simon’s voice.

Carl
    Keymaster

You see Simon running towards the main entrance. A few people in the library look towards the entrance as well wondering what the commotion is about. An elderly man can be hear complaining how young people have no respect for anyone and that a library is supposed to be a place of peace.

Simon: You run out the entrance into the rain. You see Andrew running across the street towards the alley beside the National Bank. A woman is on her bottom on the wet sidewalk with a gentleman who stopped his cab to help her back up.

Cliff
    Participant

“Andrew!” Simon yelled again. Simon ran across the street with only a quick glance to the left and right looking for traffic. He ignored the woman being helped up and continued down the alley in pursuit of Andrew. “Please stop, We are trying to help you” Simon yelled.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.