The Game is Afoot

This topic contains 20 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Carl 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Carl
    Keymaster

This Scene is for Grant, Marie and Benjamin

After a lovely breakfast with everyone you headed off to the local district police station that Sarah said the detective in charge of the case was working. The station itself is bustling with activity this morning. A few officers are unloading barrels and dumping them down the sewer drain. The smell as you pass by is that of liquor. While illegal you cannot help but feel sad for all those wasted spirits.

As you make your way into the building itself you see two officers dragging a screaming suspect to the back of the room towards a door at the far end where you assume the cells might be situated. A few citizens or prisoners sit quietly on a bench to the right side against the right side by the wall. A semi circle counter dominates the center of the room and a finely dressed officer tends to paperwork and occasionally barks out orders to other officers who pass by.

After some moments of taking in your surrounds the officer at the counter looks your way. He is average height and has short brown hair but sports spectacles.

“Can I help you with something?”

Carl
    Keymaster

Grant Grant walks up to the counter and straightens his suit.

“Good morning, officer. We would like to speak with Detective Devlin, if at all possible. We need to talk with him about a missing person. It won’t take long and we’ll be out of your hair in no time.”

Grant smiles.

I rolled 66 for Persuade, a success

Carl
    Keymaster

“I don’t think that will be a problem. Last I heard he was doing some work at his desk upstairs. If you head up these stairs over there ”

the officer points to the staircase on your left

“you will find his office is the first on the right on the second floor. He might not have too much time to lend you but a question or two shouldn’t hurt.”

As you begin to turn to head towards the stairs the officer you just spoke to calls out

“Mr Devlin! I have some people to see you.”

while waving his hand pointing towards you all.

Detective Devlin who is harried looking officer in his mid forties who has a doughy face and thinning hair. His suit is a light brown color and seems to be a size too small for him and has a hand wrapped in a bandage. He stops on the stairs holding a folder and looks your way and then meets you at the bottom.

“You came to see me? How can I help you”

Carl
    Keymaster

Grant

Grant smiles amicably at the detective.

“Good morning, sir. We were hoping you could give us a hand. We’re having some trouble tracking down a friend of ours, a mister Andrew Keetling, and were told that you might have some information about that that might be useful to us.”

Carl
    Keymaster

Mary
    Mary observed the detective over Grant’s shoulder. He seemed to be hesitating. She addressed him :

“It won’t take more then a couple minute of your time sir”

She smiled charmingly tilting her head slightly.

Note : I rolled 14 at persuasion

Carl
    Keymaster

Detective Devlin let’s a out a little sigh.

“To be perfectly honest with you there is not much to report. I assume Mrs Keetling has sent you all down here? Anyways, nothing new has turned up. We have done our due diligence in this case. We have officers looking out for him but so far nothing. There are no leads as to where he might be. If I were to guess from experience he may have ran off with someone. Just a guess mind you but I have seen these types of situations. It’s sad for the one being left behind but shit like this happens. Pardon the language Miss.”

Carl
    Keymaster

Grant

“Well, we certainly trust that you’ve all done your job quite well, sir, but any information you could provide would help us greatly in tracking down our friend. You say that nothing new has turned up, but what do you already know?”

Grant smothers his frustration at Devlin’s avoidance with a smile.

Carl
    Keymaster

The detective putting the fold he had in his hands on the corner post of the stairs begins adjusting his bandage on his hand while continuing the conversation.

“Thus far we have very little in the way of information. He never came home after a supposedly late night at the Museum and nobody has seen him at all. Staff at the museum said he left after some meetings and noticed nothing peculiar. We have found no body, no clothes, no wallet, no phone calls and no other indicator that he may have been involved as a victim of some crime. Mr Keetling disappeared without a trace.”

Carl
    Keymaster

Mary
    Mary stared at the detective with veiled annoyance. With a voice that didn’t let her feelings show she addressed him :

“I see”

She paused. She let her words linger.

“You do not consider him missing.”

She was barely able to veil her contempt in the last part of her speech.

She waited a moment to let her words sink in.

“Sir, your hands seems to be giving you trouble. I am sorry if I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Dr Crawley. I could look at it for you if you like.”

Carl
    Keymaster

“It’s nothing Ms Crawford, just an injury I received when the department raided the Sylvan Night cult north of the city. You probably caught see it in the papers recently. Caused a lot of commotion in the community. I do appreciate your offer though Ms Crawford.”

Benjamin, perform an INT check

Carl
    Keymaster

Benjamin:

OOC: Sorry for the delay, missed this. I rolled a 35 for my INT check

Carl
    Keymaster

OOC: No problem Johnny.

As Detective Devlin mentions his case Benjamin, you cannot help but realize that the name of the cult is the same name that was on one of paintings in Andrew’s office by Garsetti. The image of the beautiful blonde comes back into your mind with her disturbing sultry expression.

Carl
    Keymaster

Benjamin

Ben makes sure to make a mental note of this fact to relay to his companions as soon as they leave the police precinct.

Carl
    Keymaster

Grant
    Grant’s interest piqued at the mention of the Sylvan Night cult. Could they be associated with the strange people that Andrew had fallen in with? It wouldn’t do to ask the detective directly, as clearly direct questioning was getting Grant and his friends nowhere.

“What can you tell us about this cult? I must have missed the paper that day.”

Carl
    Keymaster

Apologies on the delay, we have been down with either food poisoning or gastro over the past few days.

“We raided a wooded area north of the city thanks to an informant who was a former member of the group. They were behind a string of disappearances and sacrifices. Unfortunately we could not get there in time to save the latest victim however twelve members of the group were killed, two seriously injured and the leader of this group has gotten away. She is still at large and quite dangerous. Goes by the name of Josephine Garsetti.”

Almost as if you knew what was coming the confirmation sends shivers down your spines. Andrew has indeed fallen into the wrong crowd and perhaps a very deadly one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.